Unique opportunity for an outstanding secondary school leader
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and inspiring Headteacher to lead Christ Church, Church of England Secondary Academy (CCSA) as it opens in 2021. We are seeking to appoint a person who is able to develop and lead a strong Christian vision and who fully understands the Christian distinctiveness of a Church of England school.
The 11 – 19 secondary school and sixth form is being established by the Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust (BDMAT) to help meet the need for additional high-quality secondary places in the Yardley Wood area of Birmingham. CCSA is a Free School, funded by the Department for Education. Planning permission has now been granted and the building construction will start later this year. The school will initially open in 2021 with just Year 7 pupils and then grow by one year group each year. This will be a six form entry school with 180 pupils per year group and will eventually include a Sixth Form centre.
We believe that success is found in who you are as well as what you do, and at Christ Church we aim to provide an outstanding education, supported by excellent pastoral care and high standards of behaviour, set within a distinctive Christian ethos. We want to equip our students with the qualifications, experiences and personal attributes to enable them to succeed in the next stage of their education or employment.
Providing strategic leadership for the school from its very inception, you will ensure that the Governors’ vision for CCSA is realised. The headteacher of CCSA will be a leader who:
- Embeds the ethos of the school as a Church of England school with an inclusive and supportive Christian ethos which welcomes, values and nurtures all students regardless of background and of faith / no faith;
- Provides a balanced and broadly-based education designed to enable all students to discover their strengths and to make the most of their talents;
- Ensures that academic standards are high throughout the school;
- Engenders respect for individuality, difference, the importance of teamwork and the contribution that each student makes to the life of the school and local community;
- Secures and sustains excellence in safeguarding students’ health and well-being;
- Achieves Ofsted and SIAMS inspection judgements of ‘outstanding’ / ‘excellent’; and
- Establishes the school as a community hub, including through appropriate use of school facilities by community groups, and promoting community cohesion.
You will be motivated to realise the talent in each and every student, regardless of aptitude or background. You will motivate students and staff to enjoy a full and varied enrichment programme of sport and the arts.
Interviews are scheduled for 22nd & 25th November 2019 at our head office on 1, Colmore Row in Birmingham.
To arrange an informal enquiry, please contact BDMAT’s Chief Executive Officer, Christopher Mansell through his PA, Sheila Benbow who can be contacted at email@example.com or telephone 0121 426 0403. Further details of the school, trust and post can be found at www.bdmatschools.com and www.christchurchsecondary.org.uk
Application forms can be downloaded below, from the BDMAT website and the TES website. Application forms should either be returned electronically to Sheila Benbow or posted to BDMAT, 1 Colmore Row, Birmingham. B3 2BJ.
All completed applications must be received by BDMAT by 12 noon on 7th Nov 2019.